TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Forging Ahead (Social/Closed)
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 19:51:15 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Clang!

Twenty years....In a day....

Clang!

It sounded like something out of an anime....

Clang!

The sound of his hammer on metal was something that he hadn't forgotten, but his skills were worthless now. Apparently this body didn't have the muscle memory of his old one, or his other one....Amor frowned as he looked down at himself dissatisfied with his appearance for the first time in his entire life. He hated this version of himself. It was small, weak, unrefined. Like a piece of unmolded steel, nothing but rough edges, and he hated them. This body was his, but it didn't feel like his anymore. It was alien, strange, and the memories....

Clang!

He hit the piece to hard, and bent it out of shape, and just sighed as he dunked it in cooling oil, and tossed it onto the ground with the rest of the imperfections. To an ordinary person in just a few days he had improved leaps, and bounds, but to him it wasn't good enough. The quality was trash compared to the works of marvel he once produced....To the works that he had shown off to them....

A pang in his chest as he began to heat up another ingot. Much as he had been in Hammerlocke he was shirtless while working the forge, there was no point in ruining good clothes as Leif once told him....

Another pang....

Amor didn't know if it was all real or not, but the bracelet on his wrist told him it had been to some degree. They had been real, and now they were gone. Amor wanted to rip open every dimension that he could find in order to get back to them, but maybe it was better left as a memory.

His new smithy was smaller than the one he had in Hammerlocke, and no one would come to him to get things forged, but it was something he needed to do, and he had invited one to come visit it if he wanted. Amor had some things to talk to him about, and he hadn't left his forge in days. His hair was a mess, and there were black spots of ash on his form from the constant smithing he was doing.

Ever since he had met with he had drown himself in this place. This was comfort to him now. This was his home...

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 6:47:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The song of steel reminds him of , but it is to a different forge, summoned by a different Rocket, that Cillian now travels. Though he has regained his youth and physical vigor, he feels aged by an experience many could dismiss as nothing more than a memory, than a bad dream.[break][break]

But to him, that dream had almost been good. Only its end had been soured.[break][break]

Her name was Diot. She had red hair. Her eyes were blue.[break][break]

In his pocket, his left hand clutches a silver feather hard enough to cut into his palm.[break][break]

"Rose."[break][break]

He raises his voice to be heard over the clanging of metal.[break][break]

"What did you need?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 8:27:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The clanging of steel stops, and he looks at his latest imperfect creation with no small amount of disgust. The bracelet on his right hand felt heavier as he dunked the latest piece of molded into the cooling trough, before setting his tongs, and hammer to the side. Grabbing a towel he would wipe his hands, and face as best he could to be presentable. Motioning to a stool that was cleaner than anything else in his makeshift forge for his guest to sit if he wanted to.

"I....Wanted to talk....." The cadence to his tone was slower, his voice softer than it once had been. Almost as if talking had somehow become foreign to him. "About many things...." He explained before running his fingers through his hair trying to smooth it out, and at least look a little less than a mad scientist.

"I have become a bit lost...." It was frustrating, but there were only two Rockets around now that he felt comfortable talking to now. " , and have left....Meaning my work with them...." He made a gesture with his hand as if to signify it going up in smoke. "I finished it....But it's not good enough...." Another frown crossed his lips.

His two cohorts vanished then he was forced to live a whole other life, and now he was thrust back into his old life without a word of warning, or period of recovery.

"I'm aware of my past actions...." He was sure would have told Cillian about his scuffle with . "And how that might paint me...." Amor wasn't stupid. "Despite that....I would like to move up." Amor was many things, but he wasn't a liar. "Is this possible...." The road he had thought was in front of him, had been torn away, and now he was forced to try, and find a new path.

PS
The "...." is to signify him talking in a more slowed cadence and letting his words hang in the air.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 0:53:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The forge is hot, insufferably so in Hoenn's tropical climate. Cillian pushes up his sleeves, but this provides minimal relief. Still, there is no complaint from the underboss as he leans against the wall and folds his arms.[break][break]

"Talk, then," he invites, and listens.[break][break]

No interruption is offered throughout, even as Amor's cadence becomes painfully slow. Cillian's lips purse at mention of Oscar and Lulu, though his expression remains largely unreadable beyond this subtle shift.[break][break]

Eyes narrow at 'past actions'; indeed, he knows of what had occurred.[break][break]

"That depends entirely on what you mean by 'up'. Speak plainly."[break][break]

There were several paths one could take through Rocket's hierarchy, and the obvious was not always chosen. If that were the case, Amor would be speaking to a Head Scientist rather than an underboss.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 21:11:52 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Speak plainly."

They were novel words, easier said than done in some circumstances, but they were fair nonetheless.

"I want to take 's head scientist spot..." It was as plain as he could make it, and he walked over to grab his HoloWatch, and attack it to his wrist for the moment. It was the only HiTech thing in his forge. "I'm smart enough, and strong enough...." Those were facts he was more than qualified in those two areas. My expertise on Primal Energy is a boon....After all, you lot have already stolen one piece of my tech...." He chuckled a little. "Before I joined of course. No hard feelings...." He sighed a bit, and tapped his watch revealing several files on key League individuals.

"There is also the wealth of knowledge I possess from my time working with certain League individuals....Studying them more or less...." There was also his P.R.I.M.E. project, but for now that was a dud until he could figure out a proper power source to make it work.

"Despite my....Disagreement with ...." He folded his arms, and met 's eyes squarely. "I am qualified, and aside from that incident I have proved my loyalty to this cause, and then some. However....As much as I like Miss Sato ( ). She does not know me. Not that you know much more, but you are the one who has gone on missions with me. Therefore you have a better grasp of my character than she would." All potential flaws included. "You evaluated me in the Trinity Trials....Therefore your opinion holds more weight in this matter." If Amor wanted the easy way he would have done this differently.

However he didn't want that, if he was going to convince others that he deserved this spot, at least in his mind, The man in front of him was the best way to do that.

"Whether you like it or not. Within Rocket your opinion holds a lot of sway. So I'm deciding to leave myself at your mercy, if only temporary."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 9:55:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A soft scoff escapes Cillian at the bold ambition, its origins difficult to discern. The underboss reveals nothing in his expression, still leaning against the wall as Amor continues.[break][break]

"Disagreement alone won't disqualify you from advancement. I understand the two of you worked it out with Underboss Beckett." What exact words the other underboss had shared with them didn't concern him. "Next time you have an issue with a fellow Rocket, you bring it up the chain."[break][break]

So much of Rocket's functionality depended on a code of honor among thieves, an agreement to abide by the hierarchy set in place and to avoid picking fights with their own.[break][break]

With the required disclaimers out of the way, Cillian pushes away from the wall and begins to pace.[break][break]

"I won't recommend you to fill the shoes of those we've lost." He is not thinking only of Oscar, but of his sister whose absence ached like a hole in his heart. "But neither will I oppose your advancement, should it come to that. Should Walsh or Sato seek my opinion, I will state it without the bias of your... prior transgression."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 14:23:31 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

This time he was silent much as the Underboss had been when he spoke of his ambition, and he nodded.

"I appreciate that...." He let the words hang in the air for a moment, and then he let his thoughts change to another topic. It had not just been about advancement that he had called the Underboss all the way here to his dingy workshop. "How is ....And yourself?" Perhaps it was an unusual question, or it would seem that way to . Temp had been one of the few people who had sent letters to Amor during that dreamworld. He liked to think that they had become somewhat friends, though he had no idea if the man in front of him knew about that.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to...Temp is just...A good person I came to realize. Helped me learn to change diapers." They had both told each other about their kids during that place, and Temp had given Amor some decent advice during their exchanges.

He was grateful for it.

"So I was a bit concerned for you both." Concerned for what he didn't say.

Everyone had lost something after all.
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 1:05:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Instinctively, Cillian clams up at the question. His eyes narrow, sharp with suspicion. Rocket has taught him the danger of vulnerability, and how quick others can be to exploit that for their own gain.[break][break]

Then, after a beat, he sighs.[break][break]

"He is," Cillian agrees of . "A good person."[break][break]

Sometimes, Cillian feared that Temp might wake to Rocket's atrocities, to Cillian's, and leave him like so many others. Twenty years in Galar soothe that old paranoia.[break][break]

"We lost our daughter." It's blunt, devoid of the emotion that roils in Cillian's gut. "... but we'll be fine." They had no other choice. Rocket expected them to carry on, and so they would. An awkward pause precedes, "Thank you. For the concern."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 14:37:33 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He listened, technically Amor already knew that, and yet he was still silent for a while.

"You know....I have a pretty good memory....Sometimes I think it's a curse...." Amor wished he could forget so many things. So he stopped his work, and he walked past , into another room. One that was untouched by the forge. Cillian may have known about 's, and Amor's letters to one another back, and forth in that place. Amor remembered sending Temp a photo of his kids, and in return, Amor had received one of Temp, and Cillians daughter. Every detail had been etched into his mind, it was just another thing he had been unable to forget from that place.

However he had known that it had tormented others just the same. Very few people were polite to him, very few people were kind to him, and didn't try to take advantage of him in this world. Despite having defected from the League, the Underboss in front of him never once questioned Amor's loyalty. Maybe it was becasue of who had recruited him, maybe it was because it was such a rare occurrence for the switch to occur that way. Temp had been one of the very few people to reach out to Amor in that place, along with , , and even to check on him, and help him.

Kindness should beget kindness, and since they had came back....Amor had been busy doing more than just forging. He returned from the room holding a rectangle shaped package that had been wrapped so as to not let anything happen to it.

"I don't think it's right that our memories fail us....When they shouldn't...." Were the only words that he spoke to Cillian. Amor wasn't good at many things, he had many skills that were borderline useless in most cases, but in this moment he felt he could ease the burden of another soul.

So he put the package in Cillians grasp.

"I won't intrude upon your time further....I hope this helps you both." Without another word, or further elaboration, Amor would leave Cillian alone in his forge with that package.

When the Underboss finally opened it, he would find a painting of Cillian, Temp standing on either side of a girl with one hand on each of her shoulders. Every detail had been painstakingly recreated from that single picture that Temp had given him, nothing was out of place.

Amor left because he recognized that devoid tone....It was the same one he used when he was trying to contain the sickening pit in his chest. He figured Cillian would want to be alone for a while, and he was more than happy to give him that space. At least now the pair would have a permanent memory of their loved one. All he hoped is that it would help them somehow....

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 15:14:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He's not sure what Amor is getting at, but answers, "So do I."[break][break]

Yet for all his memory didn't fail him when it came to learning languages, sciences, and orders, it had failed him in this. His daughter's features faded in his mind. He remembered her name, the colour of her hair, the sound of her laugh, but to picture the girl was like trying to focus on a blurry photo.[break][break]

That same photo that Amor had seen was fading, now, its details as fuzzy around the edges as Galar had been in the end.[break][break]

A package is handed to him, and Cillian frowns, uncertain.[break][break]

He's left alone before he can truly process the gesture, the words sinking in as he unwraps the unexpected gift.[break][break]

Heat builds behind his eyes, and he blinks away tears.[break][break]

Later, through the channels of communication afforded to them by Rocket, would receive a succinct, simple message.[break][break]

Thank you.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,507 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 19:45:08 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven